When users don’t have access to a laptop or a PC nearby the installation or the machine, is difficult to face the task of making some modification or backups by downloading or uploading the PLC program in Delta.
For this, there’s a way to download/upload the PLC program directly from/to a USB memory stick/Pen Drive/Flash Drive through the DOP HMI.
Let’s explain the procedure in few steps assuming the case of downloading program from USB to PLC:
- Copy the PLC program (.DVP) into an USB memory stick
- Insert the memory stick/Flash Drive into the USB port of the HMI
- Enter the system menu of the HMI by pressing the “SYSTEM” button (at the rear side of the HMI inside or outside the Battery compartment) for few seconds. You will hear a “beep” sound
- Enter the “Up/Download” submenu
- Select “HMI <->PLC” transfer mode by navigating through the “LEFT” and “RIGHT” buttons at the bottom
- Click “USB:\” on the left side of the screen and select the PLC program file you want do download
- On the right side of the screen, select the COM port that is connected to the PLC (COM1 in this example)
- After selecting COMX(1-3), HMI will search PLC automatically
- Once the PLC is found by the HMI, the user can download the program by pressing the “Download” button
Important note: The file name in the PLC to be uploaded or downloaded using this function must be DVP-xxx.dvp (xxx must be a number between 000 and 999.)