Singlecue Gen 1 – Smart home control
NEW YORK, NY–(Marketwired – Oct 18, 2016) – eyeSight Technologies, Designed as a simple solution to controlling home devices through gestures, the new generation of singlecue introduces more intuitive control and creates an upgraded connected home experience that effortlessly reacts to a user’s gestures.
How you can control your existing TV, cable box and other living room devices with simple touchless gestures. We can set it up your TV, then using the application, integrate it with devices around your house. We can set it up any smart home automation products. like virtual assistants (amazon echo), smart lighting, smart climate control, cable and satellite box, TVs, media streamer, audio system, home theater system, sound bar etc. It also works with a slew of other devices, including Roku, Bose, and Nest devices. After the setup, it tracks your gestures with a camera and lets you navigate the menus displayed on its screen (which is about 1.5 inches by 2.5 inches). Definitely, it works relatively well, causing only occasional moments of frustration. And when it works, which is the vast majority of the time — controlling your lights and TV with gestures actually feels pretty damn cool.
The other big addition the Gen 2 Singlecue introduces is Alexa integration. That means people can turn on their TVs with voice commands to their Echo device like, “Alexa, tell Singlecue to turn on the TV.”
When a user makes a gesture toward singlecue, sensors scan the field of view for motion, and advanced proprietary computer vision algorithms analyze and translate the gesture into actions. singlecue emits commands through Wi-Fi and IR to control devices in the home. singlecue Gen 2 uses three gestures, which involve natural, simple movements of the finger, to activate different functions:
- Swipe – a single finger sweeping motion controls navigation between on-screen functions
- Click – the thumb and pointer finger create a brief pinch motion to select activities, activate devices and unlock singlecue
- Shush – move finger to lips to mute and unmute sound on active devices
Get your singlecue started
Get started with just a few easy steps:
- Plug singlecue to the power
- Download the singlecue mobile app to your iOS or Android device
- Use the app to pair singlecue to your mobile device
- And get your singlecue online by setting it to your home’s Wi-Fi network
Connect your devices wirelessly to singlecue
Use the mobile app to define which device types and brands exist in your home
- Select the type of device you would like to add (i.e. TV, sound bar, streamer etc.)
- Choose the brand you own
- And select your device’s model
Create “activities” to enjoy instant control
With “activities” you can control a group of devices as one experience, turning on all participating devices at once, with a single gesture.
- Select which devices you would like to work together
- And define the device input to use for each one