Future in QA/QC
QA/QC is a part of quality management which focuses on satisfying quality requirements. The responsibility of a QA engineer is to identify and correct the defect in a product or to prevent the occurrence of a defect in a process/product.
The two-term related to quality are used interchangeably.
Quality Assurance- Confidently declaring the product is a defect-free outcome. This confidence will assure that the declared product will satisfy all the specification and work as per the expectation.
Goal- To identify defect after a product developed before its release.
Quality Control- These are operational techniques used to fulfill the requirements of quality. It is related to inspection, detecting problems, and to make sure that the defined standards are full filled.
Goal – Improve development and test process, so that the defect does not arise during the development of the product
|Quality Control||Quality Assurance|
|Focused on Product||Focused on Process|
|Line Function||Staff Function|
|Identify Defect||Prevent Defect|
|Testing and inspection||Quality Audit|
Quality management system
A set of policies, process, and procedures required for planning and execution of production, development, and service in an organization. The quality management system is purely based on customer requirement, i.e. to bring a product that can exactly satisfy customer needs.
Need of Education for Quality
Education and training requirement varies with the responsibility of a quality control worker. The acceptance and rejection of the project will totally be based on the decision of a quality engineer. This critical situation can only be handled by an experienced and expertise quality engineer. So proper education in this area is very important for the precise output and to maintain the quality at an extreme level.
The job of a QA/QC Engineer
- To carry out the inspection daily and check the quality related procedures in the site.
- To ensure all the activities in the site are going as per approved standard and specification.
- Confirmation about the precision and accuracy of the desired product
- Control and monitor all activities related to the Quality Management System and make a detailed report.
- The responsibility includes the recording of all documents of the entire project including certificate, calibration, test results, noncompliance report, material delivered, etc.
- Produce a statement of activities like risk assessment. Analysis and Assurance in job safety environment and inspection test plan, checklist based on the specification of the project, etc.
- To carry out an internal audit at the site in a proper interval of time.