The standard web pages allow authorized users to perform a variety of functions:
- â— You can change the operating mode (STOP and RUN) of the CPU.
- â— You can monitor and modify the status of the PLC tags.
- â— You can view and download any data logs being collected by the CPU.
- â— You can view the diagnostic buffer of the CPU
The process involves following steps:
- 1. Create the HTML pages with an HTML editor, such as Microsoft Frontpage
- 2. Include AWP commands in the HTML code: The AWP commands are a fixed set of commands for accessing CPU Information.
- 3. Configure STEP 7 to read and process the HTML pages.
- 4. Generate the program blocks from the HTML pages.
- 5. Program STEP 7 to control the use of the HTML pages.
- 6. Compile and download the program blocks to the CPU.
- 7. Access the user-defined Web pages from your PC or mobile device.